Friday, December 2, 2011

Leaders in us.

Are leaders made or do average people develop into leaders? I think that it really just depends on what is going on at the time. The way that I see it, if at the time, things are going well overall, then leaders develop, not necessarily because there is a need for them but because they might be needed later. I think that it is during these kinds of times when leaders seem to not be needed that leaders develop on their own, although not all of them as strong as others or each other. I think that during tough times, many potential leaders develop but only a few actually have the strength, knowledge, and ability to be leaders. It is much more difficult to be a leader when things are bad, that is why we are forced to pick, to create our leaders in such times. Some times we have been wrong when picking which then caused many problems that involve our rights not being respected.
When leaders are chosen in chaos, people tend to think the immediate, not long term, this has Worked for the most part, but has also caused devastation issues in between governments and their people. I believe that many things can go wrong when we pick our leaders because power is addiction, some know how to control themselves but others don't, that is how dictatorships happen. Are there specific ways to know when a potential leader can turn into a potential dictator? Is it possible that this change between leader to oppressed is unpredictable and/ or  impossible?
I'm not sure what my opinion is, I can't decide on whether or not the change is possible, since I've never really had the opportunity to try and decide. But taking into consideration what was said about there being an ideal leader, the "Philosopher King," I think that yes, it does exists, not just one of them, but many.

No comments:

Post a Comment