Friday, February 17, 2012

New Cities- One way- no distraction


What would a Confucius society look like? What would Taoism look like in a society? What would these two places look like in comparison to each other?
I think that a society based on Confucianism would be equally as gentle as a society based on Taoism. The way I see it, Confucius' teachings were more socially based while Lao- Tzu teachings were more individually based.  You see, from what I understood, Confucianism is all about how one would is rewarded when and if one's actions are kind and humane. I understand this as to reach my goals; I must do so in a classy, honorable fashion. In contrast, Taoism is about one doing kind and humane actions out of one's heart not expecting reward for it. I take this to be, I'll be nice because its good to be nice, and although I don’t expect to get anything out of this, I think in the end I will... Enlightenment is the ultimate goal isn’t it?
So based on this, I think a place based on Confucianism would be a nice, comfortable place where rules on proper behavior are abundant, and social levels would be closely related to accomplishments, mainly in governmental related topics. Ideally, these social divisions would be just, and not corrupt since the whole idea is doing better without harming others in the process. But I do not see how such divisions could exist if all is to be fairly done? I mean, levels separate people, they put some above and the rest below, so how is this fair and just, if those below as has been seen in many cases, tend to get the worst? Since most societies tend to have a few gaps in their philosophies, I think this one might be it in the Confucianism society. I think that schools in this society would have proper behavior classes/ clubs where rules for interaction in a Confucius appropriate manner would be taught and/ or discussed. I could also see this place having adds advertising kindness, something along the lines of, do you think your being nice?
A place based on Taoism would be a relaxing, not extremely social or loud kind of scene. It would be a place where all people would have a meditating place separate from their everyday area. I think a Taoist society would have a very involved government, and I think social classes would not have very distinct separations. Elders would be very respected and very much like the Confucius society, would have a slogan going something like, have you helped another today?
In reality, I don’t actually think these places would be like this, but I think something along the description.

No comments:

Post a Comment