Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Political Exile

I still dont know the name of the movie we are watching in class, but it is very interesting. Currently, it is very suspenceful. I dont see myself making any educated guesses as to how things will work out because i keep on thinking about all the what ifs. Anyway, while i agree with the parents ideals about getting word out and creating social change in south africa, i dont think that they have the right to avoid telling their children what is actually going on. Yes, they are very young, but i believe they can understand. Personally, i have a connection to this. When i was little, i was told we (my parents and my sister) were coimg to the united states for a vacation. In this so said vacation, we were going to head to Disney World. Sadly, that has still not happened, now, ten years later. While i dont really remember when it was that i understood we were not going back, i do remember understanding i could not complain. My family's reasons for leaving our country were certainly not like _____'s family's reasons, the overal one, of leaving in order to be safe and still create change, was very much similar to what my own parents strived for.

No comments:

Post a Comment